Learning Innovation is proposing to make available a 4 week course in social media if there is sufficient interest. The proposal is that by the end of the course participants will be able to:
· Access and be aware of the major uses of some major sites such as Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Flipboard, LinkedIn, Flickr, Yammer, IFTTT, Instagram, Diigo
· Use WordPress to produce original articles
· Use WordPress as the basis of automated information collation and distribution to other services.
· Embed social media elements within WordPress and Moodle modules
· Gather a following
· Distribute materials efficiently and effectively e.g. email being distributed automatically to WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yammer, Diigo
· Collate materials efficiently and effectively e.g. minimise effort in the creation of online magazines using Flipboard and paper.li
Once established these tools will enable you to advertise to a wide audience with the minimum of effort.
The course would run for 4 Wednesday afternoons from 1-4pm
If you are interested in participating then please login to Moodle and reserve a place at http://moodle.uws.ac.uk/mod/reservation/view.php?id=530901
As this is a sequential course you will need to commit to all four weeks
Please consider the environment and think before you print University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Charity number SC002520. Legal disclaimer The information transmitted is the property of University of the West of Scotland and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the University. Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.