UWS is an institutional member of the Association for Learning Technology the UK’s leading membership organisation in the learning technology field. Their purpose is to ensure that use of learning technology is effective and efficient, informed by research and practice, and grounded in an understanding of the underlying technologies, their capabilities and the situations into which they are placed.
They do this by improving practice, promoting research, and influencing policy, through bringing together practitioners, researchers, and policy makers in learning technology.
· ocTEL, the annual online course designed to help you better understand ways to use learning technology for teaching.
- regular and influential responses to consultations relating to learning technology, e-learning, and technology policy;
- a fortnightly emailed members’ digest to which you can sign up here;
- Research in Learning Technology, an international peer-reviewed journal devoted to research and good practice in the use of learning technologies;
- A Newsletter, published in print and on the web.
CMALT is a peer-based professional accreditation scheme developed by ALT to enable people whose work involves learning technology to:
- have their experience and capabilities certified by peers;
- demonstrate that they are taking a committed and serious approach to their professional development.
Please take this opportunity to become an Associate member of ALT by completing the form at: